Saturday, 10 August 2013

Sorbettos Galore - Round 1

One of the first things I did when I decided to give sewing a go was to browse online for patterns that gave me the assurance that I could make something wearable at the end. A lot of people tell you ' Oh just buy a square of fabric and practice sewing'. That is all well and good, but unless you make something that you can use or wear, the exercise seems tedious and futile. When I stumbled across the Sorbetto Top from Colette patterns, I decided that this was the right time to take the plunge into making garments for myself.
I have whipped up three different versions of this very versatile and elegant top, and feel the itch coming on to make another one.

My First Sorbetto- Broderie Anglaise with back button closure 




Fabric : White Broderie Anglaise for top , slightly ribbed White Cotton for Bias binding (Both -John Lewis) ///Buttons: 7 5/8 wooden buttons  (John Lewis again) ///Some lightweight fusible interfacing for the back opening.

Alterations to original pattern: I used size 2 and lowered the neckline by 1.5 inches to make it a bit more feminine, increased the hemline by 2 inches for that tiny bit extra coverage when I sit down. Added the back button closure, to add shape, make the top more fitted and ultimately make it the main feature of the blouse. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment